Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Mishi steals Janmashtami prasad



Like every year I celebrated the Janmashtami festival at home with the addition of a beautiful Bal Krishna and a Jhoola and had prepared the typical Sindhi meal for the day hoping to partake of the prasad this morning as my breakfast. But it appears that Mishi, my youngest Lhasa Apso had the same idea!


The Mitha Lola (sweet roti) is made of wheat, jaggery and heaps of cooking oil and just half of it would suffice as breakfast. When Mishi woke me at 7am this morning I let her and Yeshe into the living room to play while I snoozed for another hour. Then at breakfast time I found the platter raided!

So how do I know that its Mishi and not Yeshe who has stolen the Lola? At first I had a few anxious moments because Yeshe has gluten allergy and would have a bad case of diarrhea just from the wheat and God knows what all the oil would do to his sensitive digestion... At second thought, the dogs were back from their morning walk at breakfast time and settling down to their meals. So I only needed to look at who left their meal untouched and was lethargic from this rich and heavy breakfast.


All the evidence pointed to little Mishi who has grown out of her shy and reclusive puppy stage and has become the most mischievous of all my pets. While she will always remains the smallest - or most petite - of Lasya's pups, Mishi has grown out well and is a sharp little cookie. She saw me taking care in placing the platter further out of reach earlier this morning and knew there were goodies in it. Also the fact that I had been giving out yummy looking treats from this platter to visitors yesterday certainly made it most tempting, I must say.

So my little prasad-chor had a feast all by herself leaving proof as crumbs under the sofa. She got to it stealthily and hid in her dark little corner so Yeshe wouldn't come chasing her for this tasty meal. Thankfully, Mishi's digestion was strong enough and after a lethargic day she was hungry and looking at the kitchen by 4pm.

Oh, she did leave a tiny crumb in the platter for me too... I've decided that I've found the perfect nickname for Mishi - Lola!

No comments:

Post a Comment